There is nothing easy about auto body repair. The equipment needed is sophisticated, the tools are specialized and the technicians, very skilled. However, some aspects of a repair are easier than others. For example, identifying the damage of a crashed vehicle; noticing a large dent in the side panel, or a severe twist in the frame doesn’t take a highly trained eye. A trunk that won’t close properly or a door that doesn’t latch can been seen by even the most inexperienced of technicians.
Making a car look good again is a large part of the repair process, but making it function properly, and be safe to operate is paramount. Diagnosing and properly repairing a steering or suspension issue should be top of mind for your shop. Ensuring the car rides correctly will make your customers safer, and getting it done correctly the first time will eliminate the need for costly rework.
Chief University’s Advanced Steering and Suspension Analysis class will give your techs the knowledge and skill to make these very important repairs. This advanced course features 16-hours of instruction on the analysis of vehicles with steering and suspension problems either before, during or (most often) after collision repair is complete. The information in this course includes troubleshooting techniques for quickly determining the source of steering and suspension related symptoms.
This highly interactive course covers:
- Steering geometry angles and their relationship to vehicle handling.
- Front suspension designs and checking for misalignment.
- Troubleshooting for bent, worn, and damaged steering and suspension parts.
- Drivetrain alignment
- Tracking and rear suspensions.
- Weight distribution and its effects on steering and suspension.
- Reading and understanding electronic measuring reports to identify unrepaired collision damage, sometimes without even looking at the vehicle.
- Reading and understanding wheel alignment reports.
- Hands-on troubleshooting techniques to quickly identify the source of steering and suspension related symptoms.
- Troubleshooting flowcharts for use in the shop and in the field.
An investment in your technicians is an investment in your shop’s future. The best trained techs provide the best repairs. And when you work in an industry that goes through frequent transitions and adjustments, that training needs to be ongoing. Chief University is dedicated to providing up-to-date technician training, on the latest industry advancements, with a combination of classroom instruction and hands-on learning. If you are interested in attending this or any class offered by Chief University, follow the link and get signed up!